Post ToDo

Post ToDo is a modification of Our ToDo list with the ability to attach a to do list to a post or page and some additional options.

Installation
1. Download post-todo and place in wp-content/plugins/post-todo
It must be in exactly that place to work:
wp-content/plugins/post-todo/post-todo.php
2. Log into your WordPress admin panel
3. Go to Plugins and “Activate” the plugin
4. Add a todo list to a post by just inserting the tag [post_todo]
5. You must be logged in to edit
6. Display all todos from all posts using [post_todo_all]

Todos for Post ToDo
[post_todo]

If you found any of the software useful, please consider supporting its further developement by donating.
3:02pm / Dec 2nd / 08
« 3rd Party Authentication YouTubeApp.com »

The plugin seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work with WP 2.9.1…

1:25am / Jan 26th / 10 Raf

Hi, I belive this is a great plugin. Unfortunately, I can’t use it with WP 2.9.2. It’s still got the Headers Already Sent -problem;

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/1/k/kobberslottet/www/wp-content/plugins/post-todo/post-todo.php:1) in /home/1/k/MYDOMAIN/www/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 868

and there is a different problem, when I try to enter some values and hit add in to-do list on the page where i put it;

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/1/k/MYDOMAIN/www/wp-content/plugins/post-todo/post-todo.php on line 84

I really hope you’ll be able to fix it so we can use it with WP 2.9.2.

Wish you all the best and good luck!
    Harald

3:40am / Mar 16th / 10 Harald

Does this work with wp 3.01?

Thanks!

7:33am / Aug 5th / 10 Rick

Hi, Post Todo is a good start at something I really need. Therefor I’m having a look at your code to see if I can extend it to better suit my needs. I hope you don’t mind? Rest assured, I’m not gonna publish anything without your consent and I won’t be making a cent off this. And if I get somewhere I will ofc send you a copy.

A quick question though: You have a single variable $todo_complete in the completeTodo function of the posttodolist class (line 508) that is reported as “may not have been initialized”. Any particular reason for that?

Also, a wee little feedback: Your code would be a lot easier to understand if it had some comments in it…

I can also inform you that I tried loading Post Todo on my personal website and got the same header error as reported by several other people before me. I have a lot of other plugins on this site so it might be a conflict with them, but when loading it on a clean WordPress version 2.9.2 everything worked like a charm. (Hm! I should update that installation…)

Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks for a cool plugin. :)

-Stig!

7:06pm / Oct 12th / 10 Stig

Thanks the comment stig. I fixed the line that hasn’t been initialised, I know I need comments, and to fix the header error. Maybe a way round that would be to use XML-rpc built into wordpress, I’m not sure.

I write these things very quickly in general, when I need a plugin for something that I need to do, but yea they could do with more maintaining. If anybody really wants to help, let me know.

2:05pm / Oct 13th / 10 James Low

Awesome, awesome, awesome… at least in theory. Looks like we’re not up to WP 3.1 yet. Any chance of getting this up and running? Anyway, keep up the great work here!

6:43am / Oct 18th / 10 Sam

Got header bug also today.
    Searched in German language and found:
    where it was mentioned by hoto (23.04.2008: Hoto) to save the file not in UTF-8 but in ANSI. I did this with post-todo.php and that worked.
    I do not know why but for me now the bug is fixed.

2:39am / Nov 14th / 10 Michael

Would be great if this “header” issue could be solved, because this is the exact plugin I’m searching for…!

Using the latest WP version and if you need any help in testing, let me know.

8:22pm / Nov 26th / 10 Marco

[…] our other sytems we are putting in place I am going to go list crazy.  The cool thing is I found a plugin for WordPress (this website) that lets me build the lists like the one on “Things to Do Page”.  So […]

James — thanks for your work on this. Is it possible for this plugin to keep track of separate to-do lists for each user logged in? I’m thinking of having a “master” list that I would allocate to each new user and then have them individually work through each item. Is that possible?

Thanks, Chris

5:13pm / Feb 3rd / 11 Chris

It doesn’t do it right now. You could modify it to, but I’m working on another todo list product so I’m not likely to modify this plugin so heavily.

5:18pm / Feb 3rd / 11 James Low

You could create posts that are unique for each user?

5:19pm / Feb 3rd / 11 James Low

James — thanks for the fast reply. I guess you are right — I could create a post unique to each user. What’s the timing on your “next” to-do product? I’d be interested in trying/beta testing if helpful.

Thanks, Chris

5:44pm / Feb 3rd / 11 Chris

Probably summer, but that’s all I say ;-)

5:55pm / Feb 3rd / 11 James Low

Hey James, thanks for this plugin. It’s great! One question though. How can I add a date field (either manual input or datepicker) to the list? Is that at all possible or not?

5:12am / Feb 8th / 11 Dennis Flinsenberg

It possible but you would have to edit the plugin to do it.

8:00am / Feb 8th / 11 James Low

Can’t seem to get the plugin to work properly with WP 3.0.5. The plugin itself works, but when I log out it just displays these three chars: “”. Any ideas on how I can fix it, or is this a compatibility issue with WP 3.0.5?

3:03am / Feb 9th / 11 Dennis Flinsenberg

Hi,
    I’ve tried to install your plugin, but it does not seem to work. I’ve added the tag, but there is no task to manage

5:41pm / Sep 2nd / 11 dmitry